graphic & web designer
I am an enthusiastic and talented designer. Like many design professionals I love art and have an eye for design, however what sets me apart is my innate understanding of logical reasoning, which translates into a knack for web development. Beyond this, I have been interested in usability since before I knew what "user experience" was and my background in Psychology and Philosophy have given me a heightened sensitivity to the user.
Growing up I was the kid with colored pencils and a stack of printer paper while my friends were playing outside. However, I used to consider art as a hobby rather than a career, so there was a time when I wanted to be a psychologist. I went to Clark University in Worcester, MA where I graduated with honors. Although the subject of psychology still interests me deeply I came to realize that a career in the field just does not excite me the way a creative career does.
During my undergraduate education I discovered two other subjects that piqued my interest, philosophy and design. I love philosophy for its scrupulous logical reasoning, complex musings on questions most wouldn't bother to ask, but mostly because it challenged me intellectually in a way that I had rarely experienced before. I was recognized for outstanding work in many of my philosophy classes, but where I really stood out was formal logic, which is a skill that seemed frivolous at the time but has since proven very useful in coding.
Design is what ultimately brought my hobby, interests and talents together. I took my first graphic design class by chance because it was one of the few art classes that fit into the gaps in my schedule (and I always filled the gaps with art classes), but it did not take long for me to realize that I had stumbled upon the career that is perfectly suited to me- creative, visual problem solving with a sensitivity to users and consumers is right up my alley!
Design, code, UX & ....
- Travelling and experiencing other cultures is very important to me. Most recently I spent 2 weeks in Senegal, which was a truely eye-opening experience.
- I LOVE fashion, absolutely love it!
- I've been known to get really, really sucked into certain TV dramas. "Lost" was probably the first show that I actually felt addicted to, but since then the list has grown to include "The Wire" (yeah, me and everyone else, I know), "Boardwalk Empire," "Mad Men" and "Game of Thrones."
- I really enjoy cooking, although I rarely work directly from a recipe because I prefer to experiment.
- I was a vegetarian for 4 years. It was surprisingly easy to maintain while it lasted, but now I can't imagine going back.
- Secretly I enjoy taking the T. Although I'll readily participate in any conversation about why the T is the worst, deep down I feel very independent when I navigate public transit.
- I'm really into coffee and even have my own espresso machine.
click above to enlage orclick here to download